Monday, September 27, 2004

sore and tired, but happy

it was a very tiring weekend. well, sort of. I decided that friday would be my weekend, so I slept in and then met up with some of the astronomy people at the vine for happy hour after I had slacked off at home for a while. then I went to the "open house" and looked at some stars for an hour or so.
saturday I went into the office and did homework for about six hours. I got so much done! go me! that night, adam and angel and I went to see garden state. it was sooo good. I am mad that I waited so long to see it. I'm dumb like that. I wanted to see it since it came out (well, actually since I saw the trailer many months ago), but like everything else, I procrastinated for a while. anyway, it was exactly what I needed: to get away from reality for a while and just not think about everything else that is going on. I am stressed out to the max with homework and projects and teaching and everything at school. I always have so much to do it is ridiculous. on an average day, I am at school for anywhere between 10 and 14 hours. that sucks. oh well. I guess it will all be worth it (plus, apparently next year will be a lot better).
sunday I slept in a bit longer than I wanted to and didn't really get much done before my soccer game. we had our first real game on sunday and even though it was at 4pm and therefore still really hot outside and none of the girls had any subs, we still won 3-1. brilliant! (our team's name is brilliant! - have you seen those new guinness commercials? yeah exactly). so that was cool. lots of fun, however I am crazy sore today and will probably be worse tomorrow.
today I got in early to turn in some homework and then did more work. ugh. the good news though: we had some homework that was going to be due on thursday, but it was moved to next tuesday. thank goodness; I will be able to sleep this week! when I got home, I made brownies. oh, they are soo yummy. they are the ones that have the dark chocolate syrup in them. oh, perfection.

right now, I'm listening to the garden state soundtrack. it is really good, just like the movie. there is this one song in particular that has been haunting me this weekend. every time I listen to it, it just breaks my heart. it is a beautiful song. (although you really need to hear to fully get it) here are the lyrics:

"I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You" by Colin Hay
I drink good coffee every morning
Comes from a place that's far away
And when I'm done I feel like talking
Without you here there is less to say
I don't want you thinking I'm unhappy
What is closer to the truth
That if I lived till I was 102
I just don't think I'll ever get over you
I'm no longer moved to drink strong whisky
'Cause I shook the hand of time and I knew
That if I lived till I could no longer climb my stairs
I just don't think I'll ever get over you
Your face it dances and it haunts me
Your laughter's still ringing in my ears
I still find pieces of your presence here
Even after all these years
But I don't want you thinking I don't get asked to dinner
'Cause I'm here to say that I sometimes do
Even though I may soon feel the touch of love
I just don't think I'll ever get over you
If I lived till I was 102
I just don't think I'll ever get over you

No comments: