Saturday, September 04, 2004

how to be a beach bum

so I know I should be studying (which I am doing - I am just taking a short break), but I had a really exhausting day of sitting on the beach. ;-) yes, I am currently in santa barbara at my step sister's house, but I spent all day today (and will spend all day tomorrow) at carpinteria beach, just south of santa barbara in beautiful southern california (pictures will follow when I return to my home computer on monday). the weather here is absolutely amazing, especially coming from arizona, and I am enjoying every minute of it. the sun is out, but it's not ridiculously hot and the sun feels good.
the ocean was also wonderful. I didn't realize that I actually missed being near the beach until last weekend when I was slightly bored. normally, I would just go to the beach to chill or hang out, but unfortunately in tempe that is not even a remote option. the beach is an hour plane ride away. the closest thing was the swimming pool in my apartment complex, but that meant going outside in the 105 degree heat, and my air conditioned apartment kept sounding better and better. I guess I am just a socal girl at heart and it will take more than a few weeks to adapt to the arizona desert.

by the way, school is going alright. classes are hard. my only reprieve this weekend was that the mechanics assignment that was originally due on tuesday was pushed back to thursday or friday because we hadn't covered enough material in class. thank god! it saved my weekend. I had too much reading as it was! so now I can mostly enjoy my time at the beach instead of spending the entire time in the condo working on lagrange equations.

No comments: