Monday, August 30, 2004

one week down, many more to go

so, I survived my first week of grad school last week. then I basically took the weekend off and did nothing for three days (I don't have class or anything on fridays so I have a 3-day weekend every weekend. don't worry, you wouldn't be jealous if you saw my homework assignments). today (monday) I taught the first of the five recitation sections that I am in charge of. I think it went pretty well. no major problems. it's also the first week of it, so it probably doesn't count. but, anyway, I am glad it went alright. I have four more on wednesday, and those will hopefully be just as easy. I'm really glad that I'm teaching recitation and not lab, because I've already taught lots of labs (at ucsd as an undergrad) and I want to do something different, to challenge myself. it might also help out if I decide to use these students as guinea pigs for my term project for my education research class. we'll see.

on another note, the reality of the summer (i.e. europe trip) being over is starting to set in. I am really sad that it is over. I know that I am also excited about grad school and all that stuff, but it is just hard to leave the best three weeks of my life behind. and to leave behind all of the amazing people I met while I was over there. I wish I lived closer to them or they lived closer to me or at least that it didn't cost $900 to fly to australia. that would help. so I honestly don't know what is going to happen. email is nice, but it's not the same as being with people. that much I know for sure. *sigh*

damnit. I hate being a hopeless romantic. it makes everything more difficult.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Wear your hair in buns like Princess Leah -- or whisper sweet nothings in Elfish. That'll attract those physics boy hotties.

And do your students call you Miss. D'Angelo?