Tuesday, August 10, 2004

welcome to the grand canyon state

hey everyone! i have successfully made it into my new apartment in arizona! this weekend was ridiculous, with the move and everything and i'd rather not go into how much it sucked. let's just say that i was supposed to move into my place on saturday but because my step-dad got sort-of lost on the way here, i couldn't move in until sunday. anyway, the good news is that i was able to hang out with my aunt, uncle and cousins on saturday night, but it would've been nice to be in my new place right away. oh well. i finally got internet and tv today, so that has been nice. yesterday was a little bit boring. i'm purposely making it take all week to unpack so that i don't end up on saturday with absolutely nothing to do. so it's slowly all getting done. i am definitely making progress each day.
it's really really hot here (i think it was like 109 yesterday) so that means that i don't go outside during the day and even when i went out to the grocery store at like 7pm the other day, it is still over 90. ew. i think tomorrow i will venture out on my bike (i don't have a car - sooo sad) and see how long it takes to get to campus, since i have my first meeting at 7:30am on monday and really shouldn't be late to orientation.
so, in other news, i also have a new cell phone. if you don't already have the number (from my email or something) let me know and i will give it to you.
it's weird to think that a week ago i was in europe. *sigh* i miss it (and certain people too).

No comments: