Sunday, September 12, 2004

two long nights in a row

oh man thursday was a long long day. wednesday night was bad, as I posted earlier. but I was not prepared for thursday night. I got about three and a half hours sleep on wednesday night, so when I showed up to school at 8am on thursday I was pretty tired. but sleep is for the weak! I had work to do. I turned in my e&m homework and started working on mechanics. had a bit of a break for lunch and then had another class. I was supposed to go to colloquim after that, but I was so tired that I went home for a nap (and so did almost all of the other first years too). I came back to campus around 6:30pm and got to work. within a few hours, almost everyone else had shown up to our office and we were all working on various problems and taking turns procrastinating. we went to get some ice cream at 9:30 and some other provisions for the long night ahead of us. my original plan was to be done by midnight so I could go home and sleep, but as it turned out, I was there until 6am. yes, I saw the sun coming up and everything. it was a pretty shitty night, but we made the most out of it and actually managed to have some fun (well, as much fun as you can have while you're doing homework).
I slept almost all day friday, except when the ups man came to drop off the package I ordered. I got the new polyphonic spree cd (really really good - especially "hold me now" - my favorite new song) and a book of comic strips about grad school (check it out at www.phdcomics.com) which is totally hilarious. great way to procrastinate.
saturday was pretty much a wash as well. I slept until 1pm and then kind of did nothing the rest of the day. adam and angel called a bit later though so we decided to go out to dinner (yay for sushi!) and then out to a bar afterwards. adam's friend collin joined us for dinner and then katie, mike and hwi joined us after dinner. adam was really drunk after the bit of sake we had with dinner and then after he had some more at the bamboo club, he was hilarious. wow, I had no idea (nor did anyone else) that he would be like that. sooo funny. so we all relaxed a bit and got ourselves ready for the new homework assignments we will be receiving on tuesday. ugh. it never ends.

in other news, I got another page of my travelogue up so now you can read all about my time in Paris. http://www.geocities.com/astrogirl720/day4.htm
I promise I will be working on this more. promise.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Ew, you actually have to do work in your grad program? Should have gone to Dartmouth like I told you! Hehe. ;-) I start my thesis on Oct. 1. Don't fret. We'll be sisters in struggle.