Thursday, September 09, 2004

i hate jackson

so it's 1am and guess where I am. that's right, at school. I've been here for over 14 hours already today. and that doesn't count my 12 hour day yesterday. katie and I are thinking of putting up a hammock in our office. ah, isn't grad school wonderful. currently I am working on an electricity and magnetism homework assignment that is due at 9:15am. I have good answers for half of the six problems, which is more than a lot of the other people since they also have a quantum mechanics assignment due tomorrow morning (poor things). unfortunately, our e&m problems are ridiculously ridiculous. they are all from the jackson 'classical electrodynamics' textbook which is most decidedly the most evil book ever written. everyone hates it and yet it has been taught in grad school for the last fifty or so years. it has become a rite of passage for new students to see how much they can learn to hate something and want to give up. the only good thing is that because everyone universally hates it and the problems contained inside, many nice people have posted their solutions on the web. now, while I have looked at these solutions and therefore could turn in my homework right now, I have learned from past undergraduate mistakes and this time around, I am actually going to try to understand what these solutions mean. I would rather get a bad grade on my homework than not understand this stuff. I need to be able to pass my comprehensive test next year.

oh, and my friend katie says, "I (referring to herself) have smelled better." I feel the same way.

blogger is great for procrastinating! now back to work. I would like to sleep for at least a little while tonight (oh, because did I mention that I'll be doing this again tomorrow night for my mechanics homework assignment. oh yeah. right. aaaghhhhh!!).

I heart starbucks iced mint mochas.

No comments: