Monday, September 20, 2004

tom visited!!

tom came and visited me today! his dad had a conference in phoenix, so tom and his mom tagged along. so, tom and I were able to hang out for most of the afternoon. they dropped him off after my first office hour and we got some lunch on campus. I showed him all around our student union (he didn't believe me at first that we had a bowling alley) and some of the finer points of campus. then we headed back to my office because I had to be there for office hours. of course no one showed up (how typical) so we just hung out and talked. then I had to teach a class and so tom showed himself around the rest of campus. after my class, we walked over to mill avenue and I showed him downtown tempe (just that one street). we spent some time at urban outfitters and then went over to gordon biersch for a couple beers and talked the rest of the time. it was so good to be able to catch up with him. I wish he didn't live so far away (come back to the west coast tom!). I miss you already!

and, to top it all off, he couldn't have picked a better day to come. it was only 90 degrees today, which is the coolest it has been since I moved here. it was actually nice outside for a change and not unbearably hot. what a nice day all around.

No comments: