Saturday, September 18, 2004

an interesting week

well, this week was much better than last week, to say the least. first of all, I didn't have any homework due (so, of course, I didn't do any - how dumb am I?). anyway, I had a pretty relaxed monday. tuesday was good (someone actually came to my office hours! yay!). I had lunch with one of the older grad students and we went music shopping (there is a music store in our student union - how perfect). I got the garden state soundtrack which is really good. there was also a little party hosted by the physics faculty members to welcome the new grad students in the evening. it was definitely interesting. they had really good hamburgers though. it was an amusing party to say the least. physics people are so funny. I think my favorite moment was when one of the professors (think typical old physics professor guy) talking about rappers. I wanted to laugh so bad. it was just so out of place. but very funny. wednesday was the long day it always is, but otherwise uneventful. thursday was a bit tiring, but I had enough energy to go to my first soccer practice that night. so I joined an actual soccer team (not intramurals like before). we have real uniforms, referees, and practice every week. it's very exciting. it's this new league called "soccer for adults" run through the ayso program (where I spent so many years in my youth). so far, it's been good. everyone seems nice. we have our first game next weekend. yesterday (friday) I actually went to school even though I didn't have any classes and worked a bit on my semester project for my education class, spending some quality time in the library with some physics journals. yesterday evening, me, katie, james, and mike decided to do some grading so we had a little grading party at katie's. along with doing lots and lots of grading, we ordered some pizza and watched a movie. it was actually fun even though it sounds kind of boring. I think we are going to make it a weekly ritual. see how much fun it is being a grad student?

p.s. day 5 is up. click on 'travelogue' on the left and then day 5.

No comments: