Sunday, June 13, 2004

three graduations and a sunburn

so this weekend was exciting. I went to three different graduations (marshall, muir, and warren) and got a ridiculous sunburn. i am completely exhausted (and in pain) at this point, but I think that it was well worth it. I got to see almost everyone graduate and made fun of more commencement speeches than I thought possible (with a little bit of help from my friends). warren's ceremony was definitely the longest, about three and a half hours (although I also stayed the longest at that one), muir's was the most confusing (they said they were going to go in reverse alphabetical order by major but ended up doing no such thing even remotely), and marshall's was the most boring (but I was also the most tired since it was at 8:30 in the morning). I got to hear the same speech from the acting chancellor three different times, heard some other speech using cabbages as a metaphor for something, and then also seth's speech which mentioned getting california burritos at coti's multiple times (his speech was actually really good). luckily I had my ipod to help me through some of the commencements and also good friends to talk to. otherwise I might have died of boredom. in the end, though, I am really proud of all of you that graduated, I will miss you, and I wish you best of luck in all of your future endeavours.

the other thing I did this weekend was go bowling on saturday night with marla, shana, and gregg. it was the very last time that marla could go (she moved out today and will be in south central los angeles working with the teach for america program). I was really tired so I didn't that great, but it was still fun nonetheless and I think we all had a good time (even gregg who gets embarassed every time shana and marla and I start to sing along to the music at the bowling alley). the big news of the night was when shana told us that brian had finally gotten his drivers license (he's 22). the funniest thing was that we weren't like, "finally" when she told us, but completely shocked. he always said he was never going to get it and I guess that we believed him.

No comments: