Thursday, June 17, 2004

four weeks til europe

yay! my europe vacation stuff came today. I got my tour brochure and information and tickets and stuff. hehe. way too excited. i leave for london in three weeks and six days (yeah, that's four weeks from yesterday). I have eleven days left of work, three weekends in san diego, and not enough time to get everything done. *sigh* such is life. I haven't even started packing yet to move. and I know that is going to take forever because I have so much crap in my apartment. and of course, I want to go to ikea next week because they are having their half yearly sale and I am addicted to ikea. there is an ikea opening in phoenix (yes!!) but unfortunately it won't be open until sometime fall 2004 which means later than I would like it to be. so I figure since I'm already moving a whole crapload of stuff out there, I might as well move the whole crapload plus a little bit more. still haven't figured out yet exactly how I am getting myself, my car, and all of my stuff up to LA. I'm sure it will all work out. somehow.

in other news, work has been really busy this week! and it's gone by really fast. I can't believe that it's already the end of the week. my boss is going to this major meeting next week at the university of maine and he has to get all of this stuff ready, which of course means that the rest of the office is getting stuff ready as well (I'm not implying that he isn't doing anything - he is crazy busy and can't do it all himself).

got the new gomez cd the other day. listened to most of it today in the car. so far, it's good. I like some songs better than others. it seems that the second half of the cd is better than the first half. interesting. they are on tour this summer with the polyphonic spree, but i'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to see them. argh. they are amazing live.

oh and I think I figured out (finally) which digital camera I'm going to buy. and it's on sale for two more days. better get it quick.

oh, and I've been emailing a couple people that are going on my trip. one of them is this 21 year old australian who is a geology major (although he started out as a physics major). his family is also from italy. how perfect is that? hehe. and no, I haven't seen a picture yet.

....listening to the rolling stones. wild horses couldn't drag me away.

No comments: