Monday, June 21, 2004

coffee and conversations

wow, I've had way too much caffeine today. I had a frappuccino this morning, a coke with lunch, and then a cappuccino (which was supposed to be decaf, but apparently was not) about an hour ago. I am wired. but it's been an interesting day at work. I basically just talked to people all day long today. after sleeping in a bit too long (oops - stupid snooze button), I come in for the dreaded monday morning at work. checked my email, caught up with my co-workers, worked on some stuff, nothing too exciting. after lunch, one of my co-workers, rebecca, came over to my cubicle and we ended up talking for over an hour. she is leaving this week to move to new orleans for a new job (she was just doing her post-doc here). she gave me a lot of advice about grad school and stuff so that was really nice. about an hour after that, ed came by and wanted to get coffee (hence the cappuccino) and we talked for a while too, about the project we're working on and the general political climate regarding educational policy in the united states (and a very bleak one, at that). it was also a really nice talk. he also gave me some advice for grad school. then tony came by as he was leaving to go home a little while ago and we talked also about my future grad school plans (you notice a theme here?) and how pre-med majors seem to hate physics for some reason and how horrible this is. anyway, it's been quite an interesting day at work and although I had way too much caffeine, I can't really complain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Word girl word. Grad school life sucks. I should have stuck with mmy undergrad education. I was doin fine.

Ugh.

Jeff