Monday, June 07, 2004

one hundred and ten degrees

I just got back (like two hours ago) from arizona. I went there for the weekend to look for a place to live for next year during grad school at ASU. and, I am happy to say, I found a great place that is pretty close to campus and is affordable and nice. and it's only $500/month!! now that's not like dirt cheap in arizona, but compared to san diego, it's a steal! it's a one bedroom apartment (625 square feet) all to myself and I am very excited. can't wait to move in in august. the weekend was also fun because I was able to hang out with my aunt and uncle (they live in phoenix and my aunt helped me find the place) and my four year old twin cousins (fraternal girls). they are the two cutest things in the entire world. I'm really excited that I'll be able to hang out with them as a lot more as they grow up and everything. sooo cute! so, it was a pretty chill weekend, except for the weather which was HOT. the average high for the weekend was 110 degrees. yikes! but it was a dry heat and actually wasn't too terrible. I think I will be able to get used to it without too much of a problem. I also got to take a little mini-tour of ASU and found the bookstore and student union. I bought a sun devils t-shirt (yay for having real sports teams!!) and I'm way excited for school to start.

No comments: