Saturday, December 18, 2004

LA woman

so I'm back in LA. I had a really interesting flight. I think that my pilot was new or something because it was one of the worst flown flights I have ever been on. and it wasn't turbulence (although we did have some of that in the middle of the flight). during take-off it was incredibly jerky and haphazard and during landing it was almost worse. he came in waayy too fast and we landed really hard and at the wrong angle. *sigh* what can you do? whatever, at least it was a short flight and we got in a little bit early (although my brother was not early to come pick me up, so I had to wait a while anyway). so, now I'm at home for a little over a week. today I slept in quite a bit, had some in-n-out burgers with my brother and just did a whole lot of nothing. it was nice.

to recap arizona since end of finals: wednesday I slept. then me, adam, katie, angel, oscar, and tedman went out to dinner at the macaroni grill. and all I can say are these two things: my dinner was amazingly good (they had this fabulous deal for a salad, the penne rustica, and half a piece of tiramisu for only $13. I mean, you can't pass that up) and that adam should not have long island iced teas when he hasn't eaten anything in a while. it was hilarious, a very memorable dinner for sure. that, and we had a new waitress and the guy training her was pretty funny too (it seemed like he was hitting on us, but who knows?). ah, so that was nice. after dinner, we had to take angel to the airport, and just outside my apartment complex, katie got into a tiny little accident unfortunately. the other car totally sped off, they were probably uninsured or something, so that put a bit of a damper on the evening. but we all got to the airport eventually and bid fareful to angel.
thursday morning katie and I managed to convince adam to drive us to ikea (since her car was sadly out of commission, making some kind of funny noise) so katie could get some christmas presents. after that, she left for the airport and I spent the rest of the day watching movies and taking a nap. friday I cleaned my apartment and packed for winter break.
and now I'm back here. tomorrow hopefully I'll get to hang out with marla for a bit and maybe do some shopping.

No comments: