Thursday, December 23, 2004

christmas shopping

I think that I have set a new record for myself. I have been to the mall every single day this week since I arrived back home. I think this proves once and for all two things: 1) I procrastinate at everything, even christmas shopping and 2) there is nothing else to do in the san fernando valley but go to the mall. but at least I think that now I've gotten everything I need to get. now I just need to wrap everything. and, of course, I left the wrapping paper that I bought in arizona, so I have to use my mom's. oh well.

I have finally caught up on my sleep. yay! it only took a week. I will destroy it again when I leave for London on monday, but whatever. it was nice while it lasted. my plan to avoid jet lag: to sleep only 2 or 3 hours on the plane, stay up all the next day and go to bed at the correct time. it worked last time, so hopefully I can do it again.

the fantastic news of the week: they have announced the date for the next harry potter book! I am sooo excited. can't wait for July.

the other nice thing about winter break is that I have been able to catch up with some people that I haven't talked to or seen in a while. sunday I had lunch and went shopping with marla. she told me a whole bunch of stories from her adventures as a middle school teacher in south central l.a. (courtesy of teach for america). sooo crazy. big props to marla and the other teachers there. I also talked with mike ficken online for a while the other night (glad to hear he survived law school) and I am going to hang out with laura tonight and carolyn on sunday (hopefully).

No comments: