Wednesday, October 06, 2004

black and blue

today was an interesting day. I had to teach four sections and those were just a mixture of insanity and boredom. we went over the midterm that they just got back, and some people were just outraged at their grades. other people it seemed could care less. it's weird, it seems like each of my sections has a different personality. for instance, one class is always talking and asking questions and contributing in class, while another one just sits there and stares at me blankly for 50 minutes. I have no idea how that happened. it's very weird.
anyway, the classes went relatively well, except each class kept asking me what was wrong with my arm and I had to explain how some guy elbowed me during my soccer game on sunday and left me with the hugest ugliest bruise ever. it is the size of my fist, and is turning wonderful shades of blue, purple, red, and yellow. at least it doesn't hurt as much today. monday was pretty painful. the worst part about it, though, is not that I have the bruise, but that they didn't call the foul during the game! argh. sooo annoying. and we only tied (although we were totally dominating; we should have won). oh well. next time, no mercy.

on a sadder note, one of my good friends from high school's dad just died. the weird part is that I read about it on cnn.com. the reason is that her father was one of the original mercury 7 astronauts. it was really cool in high school because he used to come to our soccer games and watch. they also had lots of awesome pictures in their house; pictures of him with important people and cool space pictures and things like that.

in other news, I got a wonderful email this morning which just made my day. :)

No comments: