Saturday, July 10, 2004

four days to go!

so the packing has officially begun today. I am really upset because I was going to borrow my mom's big suitcase, but I measured it today and it turns out that it is about 1 inch too big on each side. hmph. so not cool. [note: contiki has strict rules about the luggage that you take. not only can it be certain dimensions but it can only be a certain weight (20 kg - 44 lbs)]. sooo annoying. so now I might have to use my suitcase which is tiny compared to the other one. I could have 5 extra inches on one side and 4 on another. that's a lot of stuff that I can't take. so I'm contemplating buying a new suitcase that will work, but I really don't want to spend any more money. that would just suck. this trip is already costing me soo much and moving has been really expensive too. I will get my last paycheck from sdsu this week (hopefully before I leave) and then I have to wait until the end of august to get paid again (from asu). let's hope I can make it.

so there's only a couple more things I need to buy for my trip: a quick-drying towel, probably some clothes (if I have the time and money to go shopping), and a couple other little things. I got most of my toiletries the other day and a little flashlight. I already have a journal and pens and my grandpa gave me his adaptor/converter so I can use my electronic devices. yay for technology.

went through my closet at home today. found lots of old things (especially pictures that I thought were missing for good) that I had forgotten about. it was kind of fun, kind of sad (in a nostalgic way), and kind of happy (also in a nostalgic way).

oh exciting news. some of you may remember from last summer how I was addicted to watching the tour de france on tv. well, the same thing has happened this summer (although now that I am in LA, my mom's tv does not get oln so sadly I cannot watch it :-( ). buuuut, I figured out that I will be in france during the tour de france! how exciting is that?! I won't get to watch it (I'm missing it by about a day at one point) but I'm sure it will be really exciting just to be there at the same time. luckily I won't be in paris at the end of the race because I think it would be way too chaotic and I wouldn't be able to get to any of the museums or anything, but I will be there less than a week before it ends, so they will probably be getting ready for it so that will be cool. go lance go!

btw, in case anyone is really inquisitive, I am leaving from LAX on wednesday afternoon. this week!!!!! yay!

No comments: