Tuesday, May 31, 2005

work and last weekend

so I've gotten into the swing of things with my new research job. most days go something like this: roll into the office around 10am, read the newspaper online, work on something - usually this means reading one of the forty or so articles that are scattered around my desk, have lunch, read some more, argue with someone about what the article was saying, think about how to turn that person's research into some kind of research you can do, read some more, then go home.
only starting tomorrow, at the end of my "work" day I won't be going home, but instead going somewhere else to study for two or more hours for my crappy test I have at the end of the summer.
but I do like it. it's really interesting research and I feel like I actually can contribute something. so that's good.
oh, and today I got my new computer. ok, well, it's not actually new, it's a few years old, but it's hardly been used and it's pretty. it's a G3 iBook (soo cute). I'm updating the memory and getting a wireless card so it will be awesome in a couple days. I won't be complaining at all since it was free. and it works so much better than the other laptop I had at work which for some reason refused to let me view pdfs and doesn't like doing more than one thing at a time. what a lazy pc.

anyway, bought some new music today. yay for wilco (I got one of their older albums). I think that they are my new favourite band. even though I really like weezer's new album, I do think I have outgrown them a little bit. and wilco is really amazing. they make me happy. (radiohead's probably number two now I think.)

in other news, I had a pretty good weekend. had a couple of really nice long conversations with friends (carolyn and tom), and went to a couple really good parties (at katie's and jody's) for the memorial day weekend. it was lots of fun. thanks everyone.

No comments: