Tuesday, November 23, 2004

another long week, but with a good ending

whoever thought of the semester system needs to be shot. I am exhausted. if I was still on quarters, I would be two weeks into my winter break by now. and it sucks even more because everyone else is used to this 15 week marathon. (but, me thinks that they wouldn't be able to handle winter and spring. muahaha). anyway, I can't wait for the thanksgiving holiday this week. tomorrow I will be up all night doing homework, but I will get to sleep on wednesday after my early morning flight to los angeles to my mom's house. then on thursday I can eat lots of food and sleep all day friday. and then maybe go shopping on saturday or something. then I can work on some more homework, sleep, do homework, and then come back here on monday evening. we'll see what really happens.

so, as for last week, I barely made it through. kept sleeping through my alarm in the morning (which hopefully I won't do tomorrow because I will still be awake) which is not so good. last sunday I was up until 9am and then the following night slept 12 hours, tuesday I slept 3 hours and then 12 on wednesday night. what a mess I am. I need a vacation.

friday was nice because I went to rubio's for dinner with adam and angel and then went to trader joe's which I hadn't been to since I left san diego. adam and angel were excited about it as well, so I think I'll be able to hitch a ride with them again to get more groceries from there. after that, adam and I went to see "finding neverland" starring johnny depp which was really good (and not just because johnny depp is amazing). so that was nice. after that, katie persuaded me to go to this spanish restaurant to go salsa dancing with her and alec and angel. we had lots of sangria and had lots of fun. we definitely want to go back sometime for some yummy tapas for dinner (when we actually have money).

saturday I spent the afternoon with my aunt who lives in phoenix and we took a trip to ikea (she hadn't been yet). so that was lots of fun. it was much more relaxed than the time I went last week (but not much less crowded). I ended up buying the dining room table that I was looking at last time (and cute red cushions for my chairs and a matching oven mitt. hehe). so that was fun. after that, katie and I went grocery shopping and I decided to have a couple people over for dinner to christen the new dining table. I made a nice pasta dinner, complete with caesar salad, garlic bread, and some red wine. katie also made brownies which capped off a lovely evening. I showed everyone how the magic table could double its size by folding and twisting the table top, which definitely impressed everyone. yay for ikea.



the dining table's inaugural dinner! alec, katie, angel, and adam were in attendance


another view of the lovely dinner I made (and another view of the magic table)

No comments: