Monday, May 07, 2007

end of the semester

so, after taking my final this morning (for the easy stats class I was taking), I am officially done with the semester. I really can't believe I've been here for almost three years. that feels like a long time. and parts of it have dragged on, but some days it feels like I was just at UCSD last week. anyway, the semester being over means that the summer is here, which means it's going to be ridiculously hot again soon. like next weekend. yesterday was probably the last day it will be under 90 degrees until October. yuck.

as for my masters, it was officially when I turned in my thesis to get bound at the bookstore on thursday. they handed me my receipt, and said, this is your temporary diploma. hilarious. I swear, graduating is a form of extortion. I had to pay so much money just to get it. really annoying. but, yay, I finished! my phd program is starting basically now. I am meeting with my advisor on wednesday. it never stops.

No comments: