Sunday, May 23, 2004

What a weekend!

it's been a crazy weekend. the weekend started Friday morning. I decided to take the day off of work (of course!) and went to the sungod festivities with the rest of the ucsd campus. I hung out with lots of different people throughout the day and had lots of fun (not as much as last year, but that's the way it should be anyway. hehe). the concert was, eh, ok. it could've been worse i suppose. I'm not a big fan of busta rhyme, so that is probably the reason. I have lots of pictures to post, and that will probably be done later tonight or tomorrow or something. we'll see. I think the highlight of the day was me and q hiding in mike and cogan's room waiting for something to happen that clearly wasn't. ;-) ohhh goodness.
saturday I slept in and then went to da kine's for lunch with jeralin and q. da kine's is one of the places that I am really going to miss when I move to arizona. I doubt they will have good hawaiian food in the grand canyon state. we'll see. then we went to fashion valley and I bought some makeup and then we saw 'mean girls'. it was actually really funny and not too bad of a movie. I was pleasantly surprised. after that we came back and I hung out with megan for the evening. we got some thin mint ice cream (heaven in a carton) and watched a bunch of my so-called life episodes (I have them all on dvd). we spent the evening drooling over jordan catalano and reminiscing about the show and how much we love jared leto. we watched the pilot episode (really really good beginning to a great season), the "self esteem" episode (the one where angela and jordan make out in the boiler room), the "pressure" episode (when jordan wants to have sex with angela), and then the last episode "in dreams begin responsibilities" (the one where brian writes that amazing letter that angela thinks jordan wrote). sadly, the show was cancelled way before it ever should have been and so we never get to see what happens with them. our favorite quote from the shows last night: "People are always saying you should be yourself, like yourself is this definite thing, like a toaster. Like you know what it is even. But every so often I'll have, like, a moment, where just being myself in my life right where I am is, like, enough."

1 comment:

Tom said...

Excuse me. There's no link to fragmentaryblue.com. But yay! Blogger is far superior to Xanga. I can finally legibly read your site.

And did you hear that in the fall ABC is supposedly introducing a My-So-Called-Life-like show based around a male character?