Sunday, February 27, 2005

sunshine and "A" mountain

this has been quite a weekend. last week was a bit stressful in terms of school stuff, so I was very happy to have a whole weekend and no homework hanging over my head. friday night I spent with a good friend and some good conversation and music (one of the nicest evenings I've had in a long time). saturday I went to IKEA with katie and angel to try and spend the wonderful birthday present from my friends (you guys are awesome). then we went to in-n-out for some yummy burgers.

today the sun was out and it was a beautiful day. katie, angel and I decided to hike up to the top of "A" mountain next to campus. afterwards, we had a nice lunch at gordon biersch and then they had to work on some homework. I stayed at home and watched the academy awards. I am so so happy that both of the screenplay awards went to the people and movies I thought that they should (charlie kauffman for "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" and alexander payne for "sideways", both excellent movies). and johnny depp looked hot (too bad he didn't win). so that was good.

so here is a smattering of pictures from our little adventure today.


"A" mountain, so named for the big letter on its side, in honor of Arizona State University. go sun devils!


some cool rocks


the view of the part of campus where my office is from the mountain


me and katie on the A


some other mountains in the distance


katie, angel, and me at the top, above downtown tempe

No comments: