Monday, January 17, 2005

three day weekend? nope, just the end of winter break

well, it's been a fun four weeks off. tomorrow I head back to school to try and learn some more. my last weekend of freedom went something like this:
friday: hung out with katie and adam. went to the mall and picked up my christmas present: a bose iPod sound dock. it is sooo beautiful and sound completely amazing. ahh, happiness. we also got some chipotle and then went searching for a tv and dvd player for katie to buy so she could live in the 21st century like everyone else.



saturday: slept in a tiny bit, then went to target with katie and bought stuff. later that night, we went to anderson's in scottsdale to do a bit of dancing, 80's style. we dressed up a bit, as you can see in the picture below (note my side ponytail. hehe). it was tons of fun and I'm sure we're going to go again soon, but next time we are going to bring along the whole gang whether they like it or not. :)


me and katie vogue-ing before going out 80s dancing

sunday: slept in a bit more and then went to IKEA with katie and finally bought the poang chair that I have wanted for like two years. yay exciting. then we did a bit of grocery shopping and watched the end of the golden globes and some bartending competition that was really cool. I am really glad that "sideways" won for best picture comedy even though I absolutely adore charlie kaufman and "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" and wish that it could have won as well. oh well. that's life.

monday: slept in a little bit. cleaned up the apartment some more. listened to music. went out to dinner with adam (to rula bula - this cool irish pub on mill avenue). and now I'm going to bed so I can wake up and pay attention in class tomorrow morning. ugh. when is spring break? ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's that about?? A bookcase of pictures and not a single one I can see of me?? -- Tom

Cynthia said...

ok, there actually is a picture with you in it on the top shelf. you can only see the bottom of it. it's the one next to the one with the dark blue frame. the photo is of the goodbye forever forever dinner in june 2003 (sob).
so there. :-)

Anonymous said...

Cynthia D'Angelo! How cute are you vogue-ing!!! It brings me back to that night when we drank and I brough over some pints of Smirnoff Ice and reminisced about the early 90's. Ahhhhh good times. I miss you!!! --Carolyn