Friday, October 16, 2009

dissertation in progress

I made some significant progress in my dissertation this week by actually working on my proposal. Crazy, I know. I had a really good meeting with one of my committee members yesterday and talked to my advisor a bunch and I finally today feel like I have a manageable plan that will actually happen sometime in the near future. The IRB fun stuff is up first, since that needs to get approved and takes a while. Then I will finish the actual proposal in the next couple of weeks and get that approved in hopefully early November. The rest of the semester will be spent planning and refining the materials for an implementation in January/early February. This will give me enough time to analyze the data and write so I can finish in May. phew. It's going to be here before I know it.
In other career-related news, my NARST proposal got accepted to present at the conference in March (so I also need to have data analyzed to talk about then). AND, I got accepted as a NSF CADRE fellow for the upcoming PI meeting in Washington, DC next month. That should be a great learning and networking experience. I can't wait!
In non-career-related news, Laika is still the greatest dog ever, it is going to be 100 degrees here tomorrow (yuck), and I finished reading Infinite Jest (I finished it last month, but I still think it's best book I've ever read).

No comments: