Friday, August 31, 2007

school has started again

so, my fourth year of grad school has begun. you would think I've gotten smarter over all this time, but apparently I have not. this is because I've decided it would be hilarious if I took four classes this semester. I only have to take three, but apparently I hate free time. I guess it's not too late to drop one of them, but then I will have to take it in the spring and for some reason that sounds like a bad idea. so here's what's on my plate: seminar (required and possibly boring, not sure yet), cognition in science learning (should be interesting, lots of reading), science education research (reading the current handbook, craploads of reading - the book is 1300 pages), and multiple regression stats (possibly not a lot of work, maybe not too hard). on top of that, I am doing 20 hours of research each week and sort-of TA-ing a class (but I'm mostly doing stuff with the class website so it's not too bad).

the research I'm working on is still really interesting and we are getting some unexpected results, so that's great.

I also got a new (old) bike. it kicks ass. wayy better than the old bike (which is also cursed).

I am currently in LA and going to Carpinteria beach (up near Santa Barbara) tomorrow for the weekend to see my extended family. I will be laying on the beach doing as little as possible until Monday. :) ooh, I also saw Wicked last night with Marla. it was great! (but totally different than the book.)

pictures from the weekend trip to Ridgecrest to see James are posted here along with some older pictures from a camping/rock climbing trip we took like two years ago.

No comments: